Golden residency is another category of long-term residency visas in the United Arab Emirates issued by Cabinet Resolution No. (8) 2021 regarding the organization of golden residency permits by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. It includes a residency visa in the country for a period of five years or ten years, depending on the category.
The golden residence visa aims to attract investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, specialized talents, and brilliant students to enhance the local economy, support diversification and knowledge-based economic growth, develop innovative and technological business incubators, and attract exceptional minds and talents to be permanent partners in the country's development process.
What are the conditions for applying for approval and obtaining the golden residency?
The golden residency system entitles individuals to obtain residency for 10 years, which enhances the attractive environment for business growth and success.
(investor in public investments) The conditions for issuing a visa include the following:
1. You have the idea of legally establishing an investment project in one of the Emirates. 2. Bring a letter from an approved investment fund in the country stating that there is a deposit of 2 million dirhams 3. Or bring a valid commercial or industrial license with the company’s articles of incorporation to the investor so that the capital is not less than 2 million dirhams. 4. Or to be a partner in the company’s capital of at least 2 million dirhams, or to bring a letter from the Federal Tax Authority stating that he is the owner of a company that pays the government no less than 250 thousand dirhams annually 5. Or bring a letter from the Federal Tax Authority stating that he is a partner in an establishment that pays tax to the government and that his contribution to the tax is not less than 250 thousand dirhams annually.
(Investor in real estate) The conditions for issuing the visa include the following:
Bring a letter from the Real Estate Registration Department in the competent emirate stating that he is the owner of one or more real estate whose value is not less than 2 million dirhams, indicating that the real estate is not subject to a loan. Proof of residence in the country (house ownership or house lease contract).
(Entrepreneurs) The conditions for issuing a visa include the following:
1. Bring a letter from an auditor in the country stating that the value of the project is not less than 500,000 dirhams (the project owner). 2. Bring a letter from the competent authorities in the Emirate stating that the project is of a technical or future nature in which leadership is achieved (the project owner) 3. Bring a letter from an accredited business incubator or the competent authority in the Emirate stating that the project is pioneering and of a technical or future nature (project founder) 4. A copy of a valid passport. 5. Health insurance of at least one year and extendable 6. Proof of residence in the country (house ownership/house lease contract). 7. This type of application is submitted for (entrepreneurs according to the procedures referred to above, except for the emirates (Abu Dhabi and Dubai). Submission is done through the business incubator in the approved platform Abu Dhabi (HUB71) Dubai platform (Dubai Future Foundation) “Area 2071”.
Include the following professions (doctors/scientists/innovators of culture and science/inventors/executive managers/specialists in priority scientific fields/athletes/holders of doctoral degrees/specialists in the fields of engineering and science, and include the following specialties «epidemiology and viruses / artificial intelligence / big data/the computer, electronics, software, electrical, genetic, and biotechnology engineering”), whose owner is granted a renewable 10-year residence permit without a sponsor, and the benefits of the visa include their family members (husband/wife/children).
(Those with talent) The conditions for issuing a visa for each type include the following:
1. People with talent (doctors and scientists)
Bring a letter approved by the Ministry of Health in the country to practice the medical profession (doctors). Bring a letter of recommendation from the Emirates Council of Scholars or a letter from the Secretariat of the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Scientific Excellence stating that he holds the Medal of Scientific Excellence (Scientists) passport copy. Health insurance of at least one year and extendable.
2. Creators of culture, art, and inventors
Bring a letter approved by the Department of Culture and Arts in the relevant emirate. (people of culture and art) Bring a letter of recommendation from the Ministry of Economy (inventors)passpo . Health insurance of at least one year and extendable.
Bring a certified copy of the university certificate. Bring an experience certificate of not less than 5 years. Bring a salary certificate of not less than 50 thousand dirhams. Bring a valid employmencontractac t.passpoy . Health insurance of at least one year and extendable.
4. Specialists in priority scientific fields and athletes
Bring a specialized certificate in one of the rare fields determined by the competent authorities in the country. (Priority scientific fields). Bring a letter of recommendation from the General Sports Authority or one of the sports councils (athletes). passport copy Health insurance of at least one year, extendable.
5. Ph.D. holders and specialists in the fields of engineering and science
Bring a copy of the doctoral certificate certified by the Ministry of Education in one of the priority disciplines (Ph.D. certificates). Bring a certified copy of the university degree from the Ministry of Education in one of the disciplines mentioned above (engineering and science fields). Bring a work contractwithprofessionaln in one of the above-mentioned disciplines (fields of engineering and science) passport copy Health insurance for at least one year, extendable.
6. For brilliant students
Brilliant students (high school student)
Bring a letter of recommendation from the Ministry of Education.
The parents of the student and his siblings who are dependent on his father are also granted a residence permit for the same period if they reside in the country.
Brilliant Students (University Student)
The duration of the golden residence permit is (10) years, and the student’s parents and siblings who are dependent on his father are granted a residence permit for the same period if they reside in the country.
The Authority may grant the applicant's spouse and children a residence permit for the same period if the applicant has the solvency or the ability to support them and provide them with housing in the country.